- 39% of adults are overweight or obese
- 1 in 6 children are overweight or obese
- The average adult spends 1/3 of their day in front of a screen - that's longer than we sleep
- 5 hours a week is all you need to reach the recommended amount of physical activity
- Only 57% of women are doing enough exercise to impact their health
- 1 in 2 adults are NOT getting their recommended daily amount of physical activity
- 1 in 3 workers spent at least 3/4 of their time at work sitting
Our aim is to get people moving all around the world to show their commitment to a fitter future. We want you to MOVE on Active Nation Day. No matter what you’re doing, where you are or who you’re with. Ask as many people as you can to get involved too! We need YOU to spread the MOVEment.
On Active Nation Day - The Last Sunday in September, let’s inspire everyone; family, friends, colleagues and community, to get moving wherever they are.
Because, one person can make a difference, but when we move together we can change the world.
Are you ready to make a difference? Join the MOVEment to create a healthier world for ourselves and our future by getting active on Active Nation Day.
what are you waiting for?!